Re: xfs performance problem

[ ... ]

  =============================
> running in the background. [ ... ]

Usually I prefer to assume that the user is merely not aware of
the tradeoff between different levels of safety and time, and
thus they need to be discussed and expectations driven to
realistic levels, even if admittedly often it is time wasted,
also because so many people seduce users by selling 'O_PONIES'.

Thus sometimes I don't like to assume that the user is a "couldn't
care less" type of moron, as that seems condescending to me:

> The user want's to do his work, period.

I have heard something like that several times from salesmen...

Or perhaps this recent Dilbert strip is appropriate:

  http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2011-04-29/