Re: xfs performance problem

Hi

I thought I would do a real measurement to have some numbers.
On my raid-1 ext3, extracting a kernel archive:

benjamin@metis ~/software $ time tar xfj
/usr/portage/distfiles/linux-2.6.38.tar.bz2

real    0m21.769s
user    0m13.905s
sys     0m1.751s

On my root xfs

root@metis ~ $ time tar xfj /usr/portage/distfiles/linux-2.6.38.tar.bz2

real    2m20.522s
user    0m16.051s
sys     0m3.147s

This is of course with delaylog enabled. I don't think a difference  of
a factor 7 is normal, given that writing to a raid-0 (xfs numbers) is
supposed to be faster than writing to raid-1 (ext3 numbers)

Cheers
Benjamin