umount fails with device is busy

I'm trying to run xfs_repair on my filesystem:
Firstly to unmount the fs

Quote:
umount /myfs
umount: /myfs: device is busy
umount: /myfs: device is busy

Quote:
lsof /dev/sda

-show none ie nothing seems to be 'touching' the disk.
confused why its still showing device is busy

i did a force unmount then

Quote:
#umount -l /dev/sda

but then when I try to run xfs_repair

Quote:
xfs_repair -n /dev/sda, it
xfs_repair: /dev/sda contains a mounted and writable filesystem

fatal error -- couldn't initialize XFS library

lsof /dev/sda
shows nothing ie nothing seems to be 'touching' the disk.
makes me wonder whether this is a xfs issue now??

Any thoughts???

Thanks
David