Re: Does XFS ever relocate extents after they are on disk?

Christoph,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here's another question:  If I write data to an extent that already exists, am I also guaranteed that the new data will overwrite the same location?  For instance, will XFS ever relocate an extent on a write in order to expand the extent?

-steve