Re: corruption, xfs_repair 3.1.4 segfaults

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 10:43:29PM +0100, Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:58:18 +0100 vous écriviez:
>
> > I had a case of filesystem corruption a day ago:

Thanks for your reply (and sorry for apparrently submitting my mail
multiple times - the crashed machine is also the mail relay and had some
trouble).

> What's the kernel version? It's apparently a loopback device, what is
> mounted and how?

Right... it's 2.6.32-5-amd64 (the debian squeeze kernel), and it is indeed a
loopback device.

It's normally mounted like this:

   mount -orelatime,biosize=28,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k,allocsize=8k,inode64,largeio ...

There are five logical volumes on this machine which are mounted via
loopback device, all XFS. The other ones seem to work fine.

> Your log looks quite hopeless at first glance...

I hope not :) I can mount the volume read-only, and apparently read a lot
of files on it. My main problem seems to be the crashing xfs_repair.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp@xxxxxxxxxx