RE: 2.6.27.30 fc10, some processes stuck in D state

Dave,

Thank you for your replying.

Nice to know it! It will help us.

> What did you change 3 months ago? Or did this always happen?

This always happens.

> So doing new read IOs starts stuff moving again? That sounds like an IO
> completion has not arrived from the lower layers until a new IO is
> issued and completes. Perhaps the hardware RAID is not issuing an
> interrupt when it should?

Yes, new read IOs seem to wake up them.
Are there any tools/ways to examine whether expected interrupt occurred or not?

> What type of RAID controller/storage hardware are you using? Is it
> all running the latest firmware, appropriate drivers, etc?

PCI Express adapter and an external RAID system, connected with fiber channel each other.
The BIOS, PCI Express adapter and RAID system's firmware are not up to date.
We will try to update these softwares and check if the same problem occur.
It would be nice to reproduce this problem as easy as posible.
If there is suitable application(benchmark or test program etc), please let me know.

Thanks.
Yuji