Re: xfstests 065 failures

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 02:29:39PM -0600, Alex Elder wrote:
> Dave, you were asking on IRC about test 065 failures.
> I asked Bill Kendall about it and he bisected to find
> that the commit below seems to be where the problems
> started.  I believe the problem is that one of the
> times is not updated properly when renaming the file
> "addedfile4".  Here are the commands that might affect
> that file in test 065:
>
> 	mv addeddir4/addedfile5 addeddir4/addedfile4
> 	mv addeddir4 addeddir6
>
> I glanced at the commit and saw nothing obviously
> wrong, but at the moment I can't really dig into
> it any deeper so I thought I'd report what Bill
> found so others could look.

Yeah, I know that this patch was the cause, and IIRC it only affects
a hard linked directory. What I found is that the iterative dump
actually contains all the correct changes (the restore part of the
test does not fail) - it's just that the dump image table of
contents does not contain the all the changes. I haven't tracked
down why the dump TOC does not contain a modification that is
actually in the dump yet....

Cheers,

Dave.
--