Re: Xfs delaylog hanged up

On 11/24/2010 11:52 PM, Spelic wrote:
On 11/22/2010 08:27 PM, Spelic wrote:
I was doing a parallel-kernel-unpack benchmark:

I tried to reproduce it today but unfortunately I wasn't able to, not even on the same hardware.

The first time it happened so soon after starting such parallel-kernel-unpack benchmark (at the second run!) that I was confident it was possible to reproduce it easily, but today in many hours it never happened again. Sorry. Unfortunately the machine is going back to production soon so I'm not sure I can do further testing.

I had another smaller hangup, and unfortunately I wasn't paying attention. I just noticed that between a zillion runs of the "benchmark" taking 1 minute (for the part before the sync) I just had one that took 2m30s for the same part. The system was absolutely idle except that test so I can't really see an explanation other than being another smaller hangup...

The good news is that it definitely came out of the hangup by itself: this time I didn't press Ctrl-C. So even if it was an xfs bug it doesn't seem fatal.

The dmesg this time showed nothing; probably because the hangup this time was shorter than 120 seconds so the watchdog didn't notice anything.