Re: Xfs delaylog hanged up

On 11/23/2010 11:48 PM, Emmanuel Florac wrote:
So Spelic, you're using the 3Ware as a SATA controller, but not a RAID
controller? This is quite unexpected, though going with md
instead provides better IOPS.

Yep, because I know MD better, I can see the code, it's more flexible and customizable, can be controlled with scripts more easily... Also parameters to the underlying drives can be controlled if I use MD, and it's easier to align filesystem to stripes. Also my time is better spent learning it as MD won't change the next time I buy a different hw controller.
What would be the advantage of using hardware raid?