Re: Improving XFS file system inode performance

Dave,

Thanks. This is precisely what I was looking for. I'll let you know how it turns out.

As this file system is likely to continue to increase in number of files at a fairly rapid rate, we're going to need a long term strategy. I suspect it may be necessary in the near future to double or quadruple the memory to 32GB or 64GB, but the uncertainty in the formula makes me nervous.

For a situation like this, it would be ideal if we could specify an inode cache size.

Thanks,
Jesse