Re: xfsprogs 2.x vs 3.x logsize changed

On Mittwoch, 17. November 2010 Åukasz OleÅ wrote:
> Can I stay with the old log size or maybe there are some good reasons
> to use  new values?

I believe the new defaults are there because it results in faster
metadata operations when there are lots of them. I'd guess if you only
ever have one writer it wouldn't matter much, but in case you have
several parallel writers it could make a difference. But I'm not a dev,
maybe they can confirm or clarify.

--
mit freundlichen GrÃssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

it-management Internet Services: ProtÃger
Tel: +43 660 / 415 6531

// ****** Radiointerview zum Thema Spam ******
// http://www.it-podcast.at/archiv.html#podcast-100716
//