Re: Interesting possible XFS crash condition

On Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2010 Shawn Usry wrote:
> Limited information shown in what I've been able to capture in the
> kernel crash.  Nothing really specific or repeatable (different
> message  each time) - some instances to the term "atomic" and "xfs"
> - other times "irq" related

I'm not a dev, but I'd say a kernel crash dump would be very helpful.
Can't you at least take pictures of the messages?

I've never read about such XFS errors, maybe you should
1) xfs_metadump
2) xfs_mdrestore (into a file)
3) mount that file
and try to access files there. If this also crashes, it will really be
XFS related.

Also, can you try putting the hard disks onto another system, possibly
with changing the RAID controller? It might be a hardware error.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

it-management Internet Services