Question/Problem: Mounting of XFS filesystem takes a lot of time

Hello,
since today I have quite a big problem and I'd like to get some opinions
from experts on how to proceed in solving the problem.

The Problem:
Since today mounting and unmounting of any XFS partition on my system
takes (depending on size of partition) up to 15 minutes and more.

The system in its current configuration was working fine for over 6
months and I did not change anything recently with respect of upgrades.

I have already tried booting a Linux-LiveCD and mounting the XFS
partitions in that system: same result.
Also I have run xfs_check and xfs_repair -n on the partitions on the
RAID1 configuration: mounting still takes a lot of time (15 mins +).

The System:
Ubuntu 10.04 (64bit)
AMD Phenom 9600
Asus M3A32-MVP DELUXE with Marvel Raid Controller
1x 80GB HDD with ext3 (/boot) and xfs (/)
2x 1TB HDD in RAID1 configuration (xfs)

And now to my question:
Could my problem be a software related problem (Linux, XFS, something
else) or should I consider hardware problems?

Thanks for your time
Andi