XFS use within multi-threaded apps

All:

Apologies but I am new to this list, and somewhat new to XFS.

I have a use case where I'd like to forward the use of XFS. This is for large (multi-GB, say anywhere from 5GB to 300GB) individual files, such as what you'd see under a database's data file / tablespace.

My database vendor (who, coincidentally markets their own filesystems and operating systems) says that there are certain problems under XFS with specific mention of corruption issues, if a single root or the metadata become corrupted, the entire filesystem is gone, and it has performance issues on a multi-threaded workload, caused by the single root filesystem for metadata becoming a bottleneck.

This feedback from the vendor is surely taken with a grain of salt as they have marketing motivations of their own product to consider.

Surely, something like corruption and bottlenecks under heavy load / multi-threaded use would be a bug that would be addressed, right?
And surely, something like a BTree structure, with a root node, journaled metadata, etc. would be inherent in other filesystem choices as well, right?

The vendor, in the end, did recommend ext4, but ext4 is not in my mainline Linux kernel as anything beyond "tech preview" at this point.Â

Thanks in advance for any/all feedback.

Angelo