Re: XFS internal error xfs_da_do_buf(2)

Le Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:26:53 +0200 vous écriviez:

> Infortrend RAID with BBU -> DRBD -> LVM -> XFS

I'm not sure to understand; DRBD is used to mirror devices, are you
using 2 Infortrend arrays, or one split into two volumes?

In any case, battery protected write cache shouldn't create any
corruption (OTOH it will enhance performance dramatically). AFAIK all
RAID arrays mirror the drives cache in the array cache until it hits
platters. There may be some "cheating" hard drives (I heard that WD
isn't always totally clear about cache policies) but Seagate and Hitachi
professional grade drives definitely are OK. Hint: don't use desktop
hard drives in any case because they probably cheat about cache
synchronisation.

I see that you may have been running rsync at the time of failure; there
are quite a lot of quite unclear (to me at least) cases of XFS failures
when running rsync to copy large amount of data. I it a fully 64 bits
system?