Re: XFS defragmentation issue

Stan Hoeppner writes:

Out of curiosity, who here schedules automatic xfs_fsr runs, and with
what frequency?  Currently I just run it manually now and then when
performance starts to seem sluggish.

I run it daily during the week, at a time when load is practically nil, on two boxes with 24TB storage each, divided into six parts of about 4GB. A 10-pass xfs_fsr run usually completes in under one hour, except on monday, when it takes three to four hours.

I don't have any stats on the net effect, though.

Regards,

roel