Re: xfs mount/create options (was: XFS status update for August 2010)

On Donnerstag, 9. September 2010 Dave Chinner wrote:
> That is, if you have SATA drives then running them for 3 or 4 days
> at 100% duty cycle while a reshape takes place is putting them far
> outside their design limits.

Your arguments are all valid. Our hardware supplier recommended one
drive type, and we only buy these and really they work very well. For
the BER, I really hope the controller does read-after-write during
rebuild. When I see the time it takes to resize an array, I think and
hope they do it. That said, I've never had a problem on resize, and hope
it stays like that :-)

There are other reasons to do a resize, which I don't want to discuss in
public.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc