Re: xfs mount/create options (was: XFS status update for August 2010)

Michael Monnerie wrote:

> When I defined su/sw on mkfs, is it enough, or would I always have to
> specify sunit/swidth with every mount too?

Yes. sunit/swidth only needs to be added to your fstab if you either got the calculation wrong when you initially created the fs and wish to correct it, or if you grow the fs later over more drives.

Note that with recent kernels, mkfs.xfs will choose the optimal sunit/swidth for you if you are using md RAID or LVM (I believe the latter is correct).

Regards,

Richard