Re: XFS Quota Check OOM

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 03:30:34PM +0200, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After booting the System to a RAM Image with prjquota (the quota
> check wents fine) and upgrading to xfsprogs 3.1.3.
>
> I'm getting this when trying to setup a project Quota:
> xfs_quota -x -c "project -s 2" /
> Setting up project 2 (path /serverbackup/abc)...
> Processed 1 (/etc/projects and cmdline) paths for project 2 with
> recursion depth infinite (-1).

That's normal, I think. Adding project quota involves descending the
directory heirachy specified and adding the project id to every file
and directory. You can limit the recursion depth it runs to if you
want to, but the default (infinite) is to walk the entire heirarchy.

You can confirm by running a quota report and checking the output...

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner