Re: xfsprogs Debian mantainaince

----- "Christoph Hellwig" <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Nathan, hi Anibal,
>
> if seen the constant flipping between native and non-native uploads
> for the xfsprogs Debian packages between the two of you and it's
> slightly annoying.  I know Nathan likes maintaining the Debian
> packages
> in git, which also makes life for us XFS developers trying to build
> debian packages a lot easier.
>
> What about a compromise?  We'll add a debian-<dist> branches to the
> xfsprogs-dev repository where we can track the exact packages
> uploaded
> to Debian, including the -2/-3 etc packages revisions that only get
> uploaded to Debian,

IMO, the -2 and -3 revisions are unnecessary and there's really no need
for a separate branch ... if Anibal had a kernel.org account and merged
changes in before uploading, there'd be no issue, I think - Anibal?  It
would make life simpler, for sure.

> And one last request, any chance to get xfsprogs for -testing rebuilt
> against libblkid now that util-linux-2.17 has finally made it into
> testing?  Beeing able to use blkid for alignment detection will be
> very important so that XFS on Debian can deal with 4k sector disks
> and hardware RAID arrays out of the box.

Sure, I'll take a look at that for next upload.

cheers.

--
Nathan