Re: rsync and corrupt inodes (was xfs_dump problem)

On Freitag, 16. Juli 2010 Dave Chinner wrote:
> > Maybe I did something wrong? I configured xfsprogs 3.1.2 with
> > CFLAGS=-march=athlon64-sse3 ./configure --prefix=/usr
> > and then
> > make;make install
>
> Drop the CFLAGS and see what happens when you just use a generic
> arch target.

OK, I'll retry this.

> Regardless, can you run xfs_repair -P and see if that prevents the
>  assert failure?

I did this 10 times manually. It started good, but after a while repeats
itself again:

# xfs_repair -P saturn_bigdata.only_broken
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
corrected attribute entry count in inode 649642, was 40, now 0
problem with attribute contents in inode 649642
local inode 649790 attr too small (size = 1, min size = 4)
bad attribute fork in inode 649790, clearing attr fork
clearing inode 649790 attributes
cleared inode 649790
        - agno = 1
local inode 2195133988 attr too small (size = 3, min size = 4)
bad attribute fork in inode 2195133988, clearing attr fork
clearing inode 2195133988 attributes
cleared inode 2195133988
corrected attribute entry count in inode 2902971474, was 163, now 0
corrected attribute entry totsize in inode 2902971474, was 6, now 4
problem with attribute contents in inode 2902971474
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
data fork in inode 649642 claims metadata block 537266460
xfs_repair: dinode.c:2101: process_inode_data_fork: Assertion `err == 0'
failed.
Aborted

# xfs_repair -P saturn_bigdata.only_broken 2>&1|tee broken.log
[...]
data fork in inode 2195133988 claims metadata block 537122652
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
xfs_repair: dinode.c:2101: process_inode_data_fork: Assertion `err == 0'
failed.

# xfs_repair -P saturn_bigdata.only_broken 2>&1|tee broken2.log
[...]

# xfs_repair -P saturn_bigdata.only_broken 2>&1|tee broken3.log
[...]

# xfs_repair -P saturn_bigdata.only_broken 2>&1|tee broken4.log
[...]

# xfs_repair -P saturn_bigdata.only_broken 2>&1|tee broken5.log
[...]

# xfs_repair -P saturn_bigdata.only_broken 2>&1|tee broken6.log
[...]
The next run gave the same output, only the order of AG's was different:
# diff broken6.log broken7.log
34,39c34
<         - agno = 3
<         - agno = 4
<         - agno = 5
<         - agno = 6
<         - agno = 7
<         - agno = 2
---
>         - agno = 0
42d36
<         - agno = 0

# xfs_repair -P saturn_bigdata.only_broken 2>&1|tee broken8.log
[...]

The next run gave the same output as "broken5.log", only the order of
AG's was different:
# diff broken9.log broken5.log
34d33
<         - agno = 0
35a35,41
>         - agno = 0
>         - agno = 2
>         - agno = 3
>         - agno = 4
>         - agno = 5
>         - agno = 6
>         - agno = 7

I made another 20 runs, all the same.

And I retried with the "CFLAGS":
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64-sse3 -g -Os" ./configure --prefix=/usr

No matter what I use for CFLAGS, the resulting binary repair/xfs_repair
is always the same. So it seems to be ignored during compile anyway.
Smells like a bug? Because config.status gets the CFLAGS set, it's just
not used during compile. Comparing a "config.status" with CFLAGS set and
without:

# diff config.status config.status.default
360c360
<   with options \"'--prefix=/usr' 'CFLAGS=-march=athlon64-sse3 -g -
Os'\"
---
>   with options \"\"
439c439
<   set X '/bin/sh' './configure'  '--prefix=/usr' 'CFLAGS=-
march=athlon64-sse3 -g -Os' $ac_configure_extra_args --no-create --no-
recursion
---
>   set X '/bin/sh' './configure'  $ac_configure_extra_args --no-create
--no-recursion
488c488
< max_cmd_len='1572864'
---
> max_cmd_len='3458764513820540925'
507c507
< CFLAGS='-march=athlon64-sse3 -g -Os'
---
> CFLAGS='-g -O2'
591c591
< LTCFLAGS='-march=athlon64-sse3 -g -Os'
---
> LTCFLAGS='-g -O2'
717c717
< S["have_zipped_manpages"]="true"