Re: rsync and corrupt inodes (was xfs_dump problem)

Dave Chinner wrote:
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 08:25:20PM +0200, Michael Monnerie wrote:
From another Linux ("saturn"), I do an rsync via an rsync-module,
Are you running rsync locally on saturn
----

Data point:

I have two file systems with corruption -- one recent one had a WinXP
client (as well as a Win7, and linux host), dumping foreign names into
the file system (the Win clients through samba).

However, my "home partition" use to regularly be used to backup the
WinXP's home dir via  **rsync**.

Some of those files were _un_readable on WinXP (like ones containing copyright
symbols / registered trademark symbols, etc) -- but at the time, they
WERE readable on linux.  Now some of those same files are no longer
readable on linux.  Just thought I'd mention that on my 'home' partition,
the corruption is in files that were transfered with rsync.