Re: xfs_restore -R -- recovering a previous restore...does it work?

Chris Wedgwood wrote:
how large is the image to be restored?
( 2.15TB)

out of interest, so smaller images work?

I don't know...this was my first time I ever tried it.

Usually smaller images don't have so many opportunities to get interrupted. :-)

This one took 3h 18m, .. a crappy 189MB/s!

I was just unlucky enough to have something interrupt it 3 times in a row
(since it was the partition that was corrupt -- I'm a bit scattered as I have
no idea what might have caused that partition to go corrupt and no idea
if it is just going turn around and happen again.  Unfortunately, it's not
like it is the easiest partition to backup & restore.

Guess I can experiment! ;-)