XFS and Extended ACLs

Hi All,

I have an issue with extended ACLs. The situation is as follows:
1) There are two users (UserA and UserB)
2) They belong to the same group (users)
3) The SAMBA share called "test" has user access enabled for UserA and UserB
4) The UserA creates test.docx file on the "test" share and he becomes the owner of the file.
5) Then UserB edits the test.docx file and save changes. After that UserB becomes the owner. It is not an issue because when editing the file Word creates new temporary file and then, during saving, overwrites the original file. The issue is when you check ACLs entry you will see that UserA has his own ACLs entries, although he already belongs to the "users" groups.

This occurs when the share has XFS file system in the bottom.

Then I have created an ext3 file system on the logical volume and after performing all steps, the UserB was owner of the file, but the UserA was no longer listed in ACLs entries.

It seems the issue comes from XFS and the way as the XFS handles the ACLs permissions.

The smb.conf is exactly the same in both cases so I do not believe it is SAMBA issue, but if you want I can send the smb.conf file.

Do you know if there is way I could overcome this, in other words, that XFS would behave in the same manner as i.e. ext3.

Thank you in advance.

Slawek