Help turning off Mouse Zapping

Hey. I figured that this must have been a Gnome issue, but I find it on
KDE and other desktops. They all seem to have "active corners and edges"
nowadays. Whenever my mouse gets close to the corners or edges of the
screen, it magically gets a mind of its own and flies off to the corner
or sides. This is extremely annoying and makes it difficult to use my
applications.

I've tried using different mice, but it still occurs with my two
bluetooth mice and ,yone PS/2 mouse.  I've tried changing the mouse
sensativities.

Since this happens with Gnome, KDE4, LXDE, Mate, Trinity all to some
degree, I think that this must be an X issue under the hood. Of course,
if it's a feature, I must presume that it was in response to Gnome/KDE
soliciting it.  Regardless, I'm not happy dealing with a mouse with a
mind of its own.

I didn't have this problem on Fedora 14. But, I finally realized that
F14 was effectively at end-of-life, and was forced to upgrade to Fedora
17. And, now, this behaviour is happening all the time.  Can someone
please tell me why this is happening and how to turn it off.

Many thanks!

-t