Prepress Forum Workflow, Want to use XFree86?

Hello,

  I run a prepress forum and am working on a special project using
XFree86. The Sample Implementation of X11 (SI) comes with a large number
of standard bitmap fonts, including the `fixed' family, and bitmap
versions of Courier, Times, Helvetica and some members of the Lucida
family. In the SI, these fonts are provided in the ISO 8859-1 encoding
(ISO Latin Western-European).

My question is this.  If I want to add to the bitmap fonts in XFree86 for
prepress and graphic design work, how do i go about doing that?  Is there
a font manager?  where can I find information about using this in a font
management intensive way, like with prepress workflow? Any direction would
be helpful. Thank You.
--
Regards,