no frames, no background, no title bars

Hello,

I trying to run X under FreeBSD on my old Fujutsu
Lifebook laptop (2048 Kb VRAM, Trident 9660 onboard
chip). Server starts without errors but I have no
background, no title bars, no windows frame - all is
white.
`xsetroot -solid red` doesn't change nothing. The
terminal has background defined in a command line -
but it's also is variable - some parts became white
then again colour.

I used the same computer with Linux (it uses old XFree
version 4.0.3) and it works ok, although a bit jerky.

The only difference I found in configuration file that
on Linux it uses "svga" driver and on FreeBSD
"trident" as there is no svga driver in Xorg.

Any ideas how to fix the things?

Thanks,
Peter