Re: Dual-head setup, main screen black after upgrade to FC6

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Leon Pollak wrote:

Hello, all.
I shall be very thankfull for any help: recently I upgraded from FC4
to FC6 and my dual head setup stopped working.
HW config is:
[root@leonp ~]# lspci|grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128
PF/PRO AGP 4x TMDS
02:07.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100
QY [Radeon 7000/VE]
Attached is the Xorg.conf file. If I comment out each of "Screen 0" or
"Screen 1" lines in section "ServerLauout", each one screen works
fine. When both are active, the main screen 0 stays black (but does
not go to standby), while screen 1 works fine - KDE starts up and is
working perfect.
I also attached the Xorg.log files (log0, log1 and log01).

I shall be really happy, if somebody who understands in this will
spend his time to look at this.

Thanks ahead again.

This is an X.Org problem.  Please report it to them, not on an XFree86 list.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |