Re: could not open default font

First step: figure out if you are using Xorg or XFree86.   They are not the
same and are built & configured a bit differently.   (If you're using xorg.conf
as stated earlier, you can't be using XFree86, but now you stated XF86Config-4
and remaking XFree86.)

"could not open default font 'fixed'" means the font path set in your config
file does not contain a font with the name or alias of "fixed" - that's included
in both the XFree86 & XOrg fonts, so if you've done a full install of either,
then you need to find where the fonts were installed and verify your config file
lists that path.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@xxxxxxx

cckuo wrote:
I have checked the font path I set in my XF86Config-4 and it seems point to
the right place.
I also remake and reinstall my XFree on my machine and the error message is
still there.
Does "could not open default font 'fixed' " means there is a font package's
name with fixed on it and I need to download it to the fontpath?

Thanks a lot !
cckuo