Re: Will the behaviors of XFree86 be effected by different kernel?

   I wouldn't expect the behavior of an XFree86 graphics driver to
change with a kernel except for, perhaps, something related to 3D
using the DRI.  I suppose it's also possible that a kernel
framebuffer device could interfere with an xfree86 driver in some
way.   The XFree86 sis driver has a "NoAccel" option you can use to
force software rendering.  If there is still rendering corruption
with that option, that would suggest that it's not a driver
acceleration problem.

                        Mark.