Re: xfree86-4.6.0 on sparc solaris

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Raymond Meyer wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:16:57 +0100
Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I've built 4.6.0 version from scratch on Sparc Solaris, also I've
downloaded pre-built binaries from xfree86.org ftp server. Both
installations have the following problem:

There is no mouse pointer, the mouse seems to function OK, i.e. I can
click on menus, select text, drag windows around, etc, I just can't see
the pointer itself, which makes it very difficult to use the mouse. Could
anyone suggest where the problem might be and how to fix it?

Without what hardware you have, I can't say.

OK, I solved the problem by adding the following line to the Device section in XF86Config:

	Option     "SWcursor" "True"

Could you post a log?

Thanks.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |