Re: Server Startup Error 4.6.0

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Marc Aurele La France wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Mike Boyer wrote:

I would speculate the:

(EE) "ati" and "atimisc" module versions must match.
(EE) Failed to load module "atimisc" (module requirement mismatch, 11)
(EE) ATI:  Failed to load "atimisc" module.

errors are the cause of my problem.

My question is, is the version mismatch between the two different modules
ati and atimisc.  If so I have seen this when a version.h file fails to
get updated in a CVS but ati.c and atimisc.c (assuming these are the
affected files) appear to pull the same file from the same location.  Any
assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Find attached the text log XFree86.0.log

This is due to an oversight. atimodule.c isn't exporting atiModuleData as a symbol. Please try the attached patch.

That patch turns out to be insufficient.  Here's an improved version.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |
XFree86 developer and VP.  ATI driver and X server internals.