Fwd: XFree86 v4.5.0 ati radeon driver w/ dual FPD on solaris x86 crashes OS

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I've got a problem here that is 100% repeatable, however, not much
logging information is available due to the nature of the problem
which causes the OS to hang and requires a hardware reset of the
machine to recover.

The symptom occurs when I have 2 LCD flat panel displays connected to
mmy ATO Radeon video adapter, and the Xserver runs in Xinerama mode.
The primary LCD display is connected to the DVI port and runs at
1920x1200. The secondary LCD display is connected to the VGA port
**via a KVM switch** and runs at 1600x1200. In this configuration, if
the secondary display is not "connected" to the Xserver when it starts
up, the machine totally hangs. This can occur if (for example) the KVM
switch is connecting the display to another machine, or, if the
display is switched off. The problem thus seems to be due to the
inability of the Xserver to recieve EDID and/or DDC information for
the secondary screen.

I have tested the same configuration on Windows XP, and the Windows
radeon driver doesn't have a problem if the secondary screen is
switched off or is switched (via the KVM switch) to another machine.
Thus it seems like the problem may be in XFree86 radeon driver.

Here is my system information:

XFree86: v4.5.0
Video card: ATI Radeon 9800XT, 128Mb memory, AGP bus
Primary (DVI) port: Eizo FlexScan S2410W LCD flat panel display
Secondary (VGA) port: Samsung SyncMaster 213T LCD flat panel display
OS: Solaris 10 x86 (Generic_118844-26)
Server hardware: ASUS NCCH-DL dual 3Ghz Xeon motherboard, 2GB memory

I have attached /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and some recent log files.
Please let me know what else I can do to help isolate and/or identify
the cause of the problem.

Best regards,
Nick

--- End Message ---