Re: GUI not working

   Due to security considerations (the X-server runs as root),
unprivledged users are not allowed to provide custom XF86Config
files.  Only root can specify an alternative config file from
the commandline.  The XF86Config file can, however, hold multiple
configurations which can be selected by users on the commandline
(eg. "startx -- -layout MovieLayout" ).  See the man page on
XF86Config for layout section syntax.  Basically, the first layout
section listed is the default, but there can be other layouts
selected via commandline as in the example above.  You can
have a separate layout section referencing a separate screen
section with special modelines.  If special device section options
are needed, the separate screen section can reference a separate
device section or separate monitor sections.

			Mark.