Help needed to run any media file in the media player which is provided in trolltech site

I m trying to run the movie player which is provided in trolltech site.
Its a c++ code where we are choosing a file and it will play it.
But that movie player can run only ".mng" media file in window platform and it can not run any media file in linux platform or on the board.
The error what i got in linux(board) is segmentation fault.
can any one please help to convert a media file to .mng extension and can any one please send me solution why atleast .mng is not running on board?
thank you.