Re: double buffer

   You can render to a pixmap and then copy the contents of the
pixmap to the window with XCopyArea().  This will be similar to
many implementations of glXSwapBuffers, however, many GL implementation
allow synchronization with the refresh rate, while Xlib offers no
such feature.  Note that glXSwapBuffers executes an implicit
glFlush, while XCopyArea does not execute an implicit XFlush.

		Mark.