From: xfree86-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xfree86-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Pettit
Sent: 09 March 2006 19:23
To: xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Stopping X

Forgive me please. I am new to Linux.

I need to install XFree86 4.5.0 on my machine. I have downloaded all the required files and have placed them in to a directory. When I attempt the install, I get a message regarding ?running the installer from within an X session?. I know I have to shut down the current session, but I just can?t figure out how to do so.

I have Fedora Core 4 running. What is the process for getting to the point, a prompt I would assume, where I can run the installer?

Thanks,

Doug