xclock feature

Hello,

I suppose that this is considered a feature rather than a bug but,
to me, it's a bug.

The version of xclock that shipped with XF86 4.1.0 stepped the
minute hand by the minute; the version with 4.4.0 advances
gradually (although the second hand does advance in steps.

I realize that there are probably some who prefer this mode as
being more "analog like"; I however, prefer the previous mode (and
I have seen analog clocks that work that way so there is
precedent).  Previously, the minute hand advanced one full minute
each time the second hand stepped past 12 on the face.  That made
it easy for these old eyes to tell what minute it was pointing at.
Now I have to squint to figure out if it's just passed a certain
minute or is yet to do so.

My suggestion is that an option be provided that permits the user
to select which way it will work.

I couldn't find a way to send this directly to the maintainer of
xclock so I'm hoping that this will reach the appropriate person.

Thank you and kindest regards,

Charlie
--
Charlie Sorsby