XTransport

Hello,

I would want xfree86 to support a different network than TCP/IP, DECNET,
LOCAL.

I found in XTrans library that any new transport layer could be added
without affecting the xserver. Is this statement true?
Because i can see that xfree86 code uses TCPCONN and other compiler
definitions in the code that gives me indications that i need to modify some
amount of xfree86 code as well. Is this understanding true?

What is the procedure to add a new transport layer and make the xclient and
xserver communicate over them?
Assume that i have the new Network stack and other layers that i call as
MY_TCPIP layer. This uses a different technique other than sockets.
How do i change the network layer to make the xserver execute using my
transport layer?

I really appreciate any pointers and i welcome your suggestions and ideas.

Regards,
Sivakumar Jayapal