Re: VGA Driver

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Dondalah wrote:

Would be nice to see the VGA driver use more memory.
There are lots of programs that use more than 800x600
screen size.  Therefore we need a larger virtual screen
than what the VGA driver gives us with 4 bit depth.

We have lots of memory that isn't being used, both
on our video card and and in our motherboard RAM.

Even with 8 bit depth, we can use a larger virtual
screen than what the driver gives us.

The VGA standard, if it can be called that, simply doesn't support this. You should instead use the vesa driver (if your video BIOS supports it), or, preferably, a driver more specific to your adapter.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |