KDrive memory leak with scalable fonts?

Hi,

I have an application that uses KDrive/Tinyx.  The
application seems to have developed a memory leak
after I enabled Scalabe fonts.  The application uses
wxWidgets, so it is possible the leak is in that code.

The sympton is that as the application runs, it begins
to run out of memory, until the screen saver kicks in.
 Once the screen saver turns on, the lost memory is
reclaimed.  If the user continues using the device,
and the screen saver never turns on, then the machine
will run out of memory.  The device runs a custom
linux based on Redhat 7.3.  It has 64MB RAM, 32MB is
used for the ramdisk.  The free memory drops from 10MB
to 1MB, then the application crashes.  This is a
diskless PC, so there is no virtual ram disk.

The main developer suspects that if there is a problem
in KDrive, it might be related to memory caching or to
memory fragmentation.  The screen saver code  is ours,
and it uses wxWidgets function calls to allocate and
display a large bitmap.

When our device only used bitmap fonts, and did not
use scalable fonts, this problem was not present.

We are still doing a number tests, but I wanted to ask
if this problem sounded familiar to anyone here,
perhaps there is a known bug.

The version of XFree86 I am using is:
XFree86-4.5.99.6.tar.bz2

Thanks!