Re: Elographics Touchscreen problem

Hi

I researched a bit further and it turned out that the elographics is working if I produce some input for the driver (like touching the device wildly). This have to be done everytime I switch from the console back to X, on X loadup and on login via xdm. I guess the driver needs this input to detect the type of the device. But how to fix it?

regards
Marc

Hi list,

If've an elographics touchscreen which is working... sometimes. Every now and then it refuses to do its duty :-(
This is the related part of XFree86Config, but I guess its correct.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Touchscreen"
        Driver          "elographics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"	"true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/ttyS1"
	Option "MinX" "3700"
        Option "MaxX" "380"
        Option "MinY" "500"
        Option "MaxY" "3550"
	Option "UntouchDelay" "3"
	Option "ReportDelay" "1"
	Option "SwapXY" "true"
EndSection

Any hints?
Furthermore I want to have a working touchscreen in xdm, too. But it seems as if the driver is loaded after login.

Perhaps this stuff is related to my USB keyboard problem. The keyboard works well, if its plugged before X is started. If you plug it after startup you're doomed.

Thanks
Marc