Re: why Xrandr is rotating screen only with Nvidia card ?

Hi ,
I think it is just because of the driver of your graphic card. I am not familiar with Xrandr And I wonder whether Xrandr calls a driver function in order to rotate the display if there is one implemented in the driver's code. I have written a few custom linux drivers but I am a bit ignorant on graphical issues. I have such a problem . I want to buy single board computers which supports display rotating. Unfortunately chipset manufacturers are not willing to give such an information as if it is top secret . This is very important for me. I asked this issue to the very famous chipset and single board computer manufacturers . But I havent given any answer yet. Can anyone offer me a graphic chipset or a SBC which supports rotation ?
prakash viswalingam wrote:

Hi I have tried to rotate the screen with the Nvidia card
(Quadro-4) with the Xrandr Extension it was rotated ,but i tried with
the MX440 it was not rotated .

can any one tell me how the Xrandr has been implemented for rotating
the desktop , why it is only working with Nvidia?

If nvidia have done something in their driver to rotate the screen
then what does the Xrandr is doing ?

Thanks in Advance V.Prakash