Should xlsfont list truetype fonts used by KDrive/TinyX ?

If I want to see what fonts KDrive/TinyX is aware of,
should I be able to run the /xc/programs/xlsfont
program?

I'm trying to find out why only my bitmapped fonts are
being recognized in my fonts.dir file, and am hoping
to eliminate GTK and wxWindows from the equation.

When I run xlsfont now, I don't see any output, so I
wanted to check and make sure what I was trying to do
was valid.

If xlsfont requires a 'real' x-server, then I am
guessing that it wont work with kdrive.

thanks!