Xlib Passthrough

Hi  All
          I need help regarding taking control over the display
functions provided by Xlib for this i am trying to write a wrapper
(passthrough ) for Xlib (ie.,reimplementing Xlib as my Xlib and
calling the original Xlib ), we can think this as a call interception
to XLib so that i can take control over the all main graphics
functions of Xlib.
please tell me if this approach works ...

                                           call to xlib --->my xlib
----> XLib(Original)

         So as to achive this i am writing wrapper as i said earlier
and from that wrapper i am loading the original xlib dynamically from
a different directorry.

The questions are

1) Is this approach going to work ? Can I tap calls to xlib like this .?
2)If not what are the possible ways to solve this problem?
3)Can we control the Linux desktop using xlib or wehave to trap the
calls of xserver?

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

best regards
Prakashv