Re: Linux Display silly question

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:21:27 +0530
mukund jampala wrote:

> I have gone through a lot of Maillists which say I need to some GUI
> Library or tools like
>
> 	GtkFB ___ does NOT use X11
> 	Qt/Embedded ___ Direct Framebuffer access and so on.
>
> I have a very basic doubt here. I mean how I can launch the GUI
> Application when there is no UI (NO X server). I think there will be
> an intermediate desktop like thing which I am missing from where I can
> launch my application. Is there any thing like that for an ARM
> embedded system.

As I understand it, the Toolkit (GTK/QT) simply send their rendering information to X11 under normal systems, but will send it directly to the Framebuffer on embedded systems (providing your using GtkFB or QT/Embedded, obviously).  So, you should be able to get away with simply enabling framebuffer support in your kernel.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.