RE: External Lcd Problems with laptop! Aaaargh!

Hi, thanks for the reply! I tried removing modelines
but still nothing. The horizontal-vertical frequencies
are out of the monitor's manual, but I also tried
playing around with those settings because I read
somewhere that sometimes a mode might be slightly out
of those limits but still work with the monitor. I've
actually seen this be done in windows with the help of
the utility I downloaded (or at least I think I did,
since I'm not an expert when it comes to frequencies
in general!). That didn't work either. Since I am
getting a video signal from the laptop though, is
there anyway I can find out what resolution X is
trying to bring up?
Thanks again for your time!

--- "Benstead, Kevin" <Kevin.Benstead@xxxxxxxxxx>