Re: could not open default fond "fixed"

Quoting Anand Kumar C B <anandkumarcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> hai all,
>          The fallowing message was displayed when i compiled kernel
> 2.6.10 "could not open default font fixed ".... i am attaching the log
> file generated for further reference can u tell me what is going wrong
> and how to fix this problem.
> thanking u before itself,
> with regards,
> anandkumar.C.B

Xfs (or other som fontserver )most likely didn't start properly (or is not running)

It most commonly happens when you use unix sockets and don't have enough space
to create a unix socket file. It can also be happening if the socket file can
not be created for some other reason.

As you have said you compiled in a new kernel, I would check if the partition
isn't full