Re: R128: No matching device

Aaron Yang wrote:

> rtl stands for real time linux
>
> it turns out Mark is right after all. the problem lies
> with my sound card, so what i did was to remove it,
> and   X Server recognizes the video card instead, and
> everything worked out fine.
>
> for this matter, can anyone fix this bug in
> linux-2.4.20-rtl kernel?

I am still not comfortable to say it is the kernel either. If your sound card is advertising itself as prehistoric VGA. Then I think we should do more test before we conclude that the device is a VGA.

If you don't mind can you put back the sound card and run lspci -vv

Mark & Marc,

Wouldn't it be a good idea when we detect this strange cards, that we should still continue the bus scan to determine if there is another video (e.g non prehistoric or AGP ) present on the bus. And if a non prehistoric or AGP is found on the bus then choose it as the default.