simultaneous use of multiple video cards: three monitors on two graphics cards

Hi:

I cannot get X to use simultaneously two graphics cards.  The
following details my problem.  I've decided to put my files on my
web site; I hope you find this more convenient than attachments.

I'm running Red Hat Enterprise WS v3 on dual Pentium III and dual
Opteron 246 computers.  I have two nVidia graphics cards---one is
single head AGP (GeForce2) and the other is dual head PCI (GeForce FX
5000).  When both cards are installed in either computer, I can get
the cards to work one at a time but not both at the same time.  (I
have installed the latest drivers from the nVidia web site.)  Can you
tell me what I am doing wrong?  My three monitor are identical Dell
CRTs.  I have no problems simutaneously using the three monitors
under Windows.

Here is the config file that I think should give me three screens, two
"twinview" from the PCI card and one regular X from the AGP card.
Also, I am attaching the log file.  Can you tell me why it does not
work?

1) My XF86config file:
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/XF86Config.PCI.AGP.twinview.screens.and.one.X.screen
2) The associated log file:
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/XF86Config.PCI.AGP.twinview.screens.and.one.X.screen.log_file

Here is the config file that I think should give me three distinct X
screens.  It, too, does not work.  Any ideas why?  I presume the
error here is the same one from above.

3) My XF86config file:
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/XF86Config.PCI.AGP.three.X.screens
4) The associated log file:
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/XF86Config.PCI.AGP.three.X.screens.log_file

For reference purposes, I'm including several other config files that
work as I expected:

5) Output from lspci:
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/lspci.txt

6) "twinview" on the dual-head card
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/XF86Config.PCI.twinview

7) Two X screens on the dual-head card
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/XF86Config.PCI.dual.X.screens

8) Single X screen on the dual-head card
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/XF86Config.PCI.single.X.screen

9) Single X screen on the single-head card
http://lcb1.uoregon.edu/wtj/s/linux/post/xf86config/XF86Config.AGP.single.X.screen

I should note that lspci says that the address for my PCI card is 00:12.0.
However, when I try that in X (either busid=00:12.0 or busid=0:12:0),
the server will not start.  In this case, I get an nVidia warning that
there is "no matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:18:0)
found".  Thus, I use busid=0:18:0 in the config files (numbered 6-8
above) and it works.

Thanks in advance!!!